As the holding entered new market segments, created new products and solutions, rapidly expanded its client base, expanded to new business areas (i.e. banking) and its enterprises got more geographically remote, it realised that the role of IT needed adjustment.
The holding wanted to create a flexible and client-oriented structure for the management of IT services provided on an in-house basis.
The key objectives were:
1. To make the holding’s operational activities more automated and create a single digital environment for the management of IT services
2. To speed up development and implementation of new IT services while also reducing its cost, and support the existing IT services
3. Improvement of the IT services’ quality
4. Proactive interaction with businesses
5. Maximum transparency of production processes
SI BIS experts helped the customer formulate objectives and outline the sequence of joint actions needed to complete the project.
SI BIS used architectural approaches of Casewise Framework and TOGAF in target enterprise architecture model diagnostics and development.
The consistent use of Casewise Framework architecture investigation approach helped properly assess the customer’s IT infrastructure, while TOGAF enabled application of a correct development cycle and determination of the successive stages required for the development and integration of the project programme’s final product—a modern IT service provider.
The audit of PJSC Smart-Holding’s IT management processes, including assessment of ITIL 3.1 compliance, was held per the guidelines, most appropriate for this area of verification—Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT).
The key to success of the audit was the synergy of several practices: COBIT, ITIL, PRM-IT, and ITUP.
During the PJSC Smart-Holding project programme, the data and IT service application architectures, as well the platforms’ technological architecture were considered.
SolutionsBusiness Processes Audit
Owing to meticulous work of SI BIS analysts together with Smart-Holding PJSC experts, the following results were achieved:
• Reliable assessment of the existing architecture model for the provision of the company’s IT services.
• Reliable assessment of the company’s IT processes development level.
• Recommendations on priority areas of improvement in IT management system.
• Identification of processes that urgently required automation.
• Recommendations on IT services provision support systems and their interaction, assessment of existing systems’ process and information flow coverage.
• Complete documentation of the IT management processes target network and the IT services provision model for the emerging IT company.