Kazakhtelecom is the largest IT and telecom operator in Kazakhstan.
JSC Kazakhtelecom needed to deploy Tenable’s Security Center Continuous View IT infrastructure vulnerability control system to ensure security, threat prevention, and vulnerability analysis.
IT infrastructure vulnerability search and analysis subsystem is one of the key components of the system for protection from internal threats and an additional layer of protection from external threats. The key functions of the search and analysis or rather vulnerability management system are:
• Scanning for vulnerabilities on different types of devices and platforms
• Black Box scanning
• Scanning with access rights or scanning as administrator
• Possibilities for distributed structure of the vulnerability management system.
• Functionality for comparing the current vulnerability situation with international and special standards and best practices.• Ability to review and adjust the criticality of individual vulnerabilities.
• Integration with SIEM systems. A good scanner must be able to return all events.
Implemented by SI BIS Kazakhstan experts in 2 months, this project raised the operator’s security system to whole new level.
Regular testing of the main IT infrastructure, including websites, databases, network devices, and application servers will help create a consolidated security risks analysis centre and take timely preventive measures. In addition, the operator’s business development department intends to make the vulnerability scanning with Tenable products available as a service to JSC Kazakhtelecom clients and promote it together with other data centre services.